sps ID?

Sullyman

Premium Member
Anyone know what this piece is? I have had it for a few years slow grower but nice coral.
P3170855.jpg

Yes, the coral shape is very similar, but does yours have purple blue and green coloration?

the pic is very true to its real color (pale purp tips with cream/yellow) but color is very light dependent and not a good indicator - this one is 12" deep under a iwasaki 14K 175 sup w/ vho actinic
it use to be colored very similar to yours when i had it in my nano under a 14K hami 175W

John, the coral is so similar in shape. The pic I posted was with it up high in the tank under 10 and 20k lighting but it has always been more blue/dark purple than yours, which is a beauty.
Bob

Sullyman...it looks like your pic was taken with a flash...making color comparisons impossible...try taking a pic without the flash. Honestly, it could even be a funky shaped hoeksemai.

Wow, if that's how blue the "van gogh" coral is, I have to get one :D

Well, your coral is definitely the exact same color as my hoek, but the structure/coralites don't look right.

Last edited:
I got it as a tiny piece, never could find out what it is. Was hoping now that it's larger it might get ID'd.

I've got some frags of this coral from the move into the new tank.
Would like to trade for some other rare coral frags.
Bob

Back