Starting over again

white_queen

Restarting almost from scratch after a house flood necessitated a total tear down of the tank in order to affect the needed repairs to the house. The upside? My husband promised I could do it up right!

So my main tank is 110g which feels amazing considering if when I started in early 2000s I had two 10g nanos because that's all the college would allow. ;-)

Just picked up a 30 long sump/fuge and the guy was great - gave me the skimmer and heater and pumps and RO system too! Plus some rock he had leftover from his tear down. Such a blessing after we lost so much in the flood and now I can use the difference I would have spent on the skimmer for my TBS order and expanding my CUC and stuff. I really love a diversity when it comes to snails and other invertebrates in my tank.

Monday I'll be placing my order for the package to make up the difference in the live rock. I got some nice dry pieces from the LFS with credit I had from my year down two years ago. So that's a plus too because I can always use some of the not as fab pieces as rubble in the fuge.

The scariest part is just starting from scratch kwim? I've always done tank takeovers before. Even my very first tank.

Bummed to start over but Excited to start again if that makes sense.

Angela
Ps I should add when I tore down I crammed some rock and sand and as many inverts into a 10g I kept going all this time so at least the tank is semi seeded with bacteria to get it started. There are ten snails and half dozen hermits in there with about 75 pounds rock now and not much else. Needs life!!!

Back