Starting to reduce my fish collection for downgrade

Smite

Hey reefers,

Prepping for my tank swap/downsize. I'm going to start with the fish I think I can catch first. Multiples could be tricky since I dont really have much space to keep them until all are caught.

All fish have been with me for about 1.5 years now. Super healthy if anything they may have a little drag in the currents from fat bellies.

Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse $75 current boss of the fairies. 4.5"

20201007_132441 by matthew schueneman, on Flickr

Exquisite Fairy Wrasse $35 (Indo I believe) - lost some color recently but he also lost dominance to the Solon. He was pretty small when I got him so I don't think its age related. Eats great, needs a lid as he jumps

20201007_132803

Yellow Fin Fairy Wrasse. $70 Looks like he'd be an *** but he's pretty lay back even with less timid anthias. I want a possum wrasse in the next tank so hes gotta go. These stay smaller, he's about 3" maybe slightly under. FAT but fast as hell, hard to get a picture of, probably best to google it.

20201007_132422

I've also got a large Hippo Tang that I acquired from a friend so my main concern here is he goes into a nice large tank thats 6'+ footprint. I run tons of carbon which I think has resulted in HLLE. Never seen ich present on him and hes FAAAAT too. Eats right from my hand, been grown in captivity since quarter size. $50

I have a very nice psuedochromis, orange dotty back type. Hes about 2.5-3" and cruises the scape all day. I haven't seen aggression but it's probalby tough to pick a fish to go for in my tank, tank size helps as well. $20 *may be hard to catch.

I've been cutting back on feeding so I think I'll be able to get these guys pretty easy. Blue hippo will need to be picked up same day as he's half as big as my trap.

You'll need your own buckets and we will swap infront of my house with masks on.

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
Back