Stocking of 75 Gallon

Bryce H.

So I'm looking for some help with stocking of my 75 Gallon tank probably going to stay FOWLR (may add an anemone or similar for clowns). I know the list below probably has too much on it and I don't anticipate on adding every single fish but if you guys could please help me organize this list into a stocking order that would be great. I'll put it in the order I'm thinking but please, any advice is greatly appreciated. First I'll give you a little info about my tank:

75 Gallon Display Tank
100lbs of live rock
100lbs of sand
29 Gallon Sump
16" Internal Overflow
1-1/2" Intake
3/4" Return
Vertex Omega 180i Protein Skimmer
Syncra 5.0 Return Pump
Refugium with deep sand bed, live rock and chaeto

I know some of that may be TMI but I wanted to include it all in case it changed anything. I am about to start cycling so I would be looking to add fish AFTER cycling. Also, all fish will be quarantined for a minimum of 3-4 weeks. I do have a 29 gallon quarantine so I plan on quarantining a couple at a time to speed up the process. But to the exciting and fun part, the fish! Here is the list of fish I'm considering, again probably not adding all, but please organize the full list so I can pick and choose the ones I want when I get to that point. Thanks guys!!

x1 Pearlscale Butterfly
x2 Ocellaris Clownfish
x4 Blue Reef Chromi
x2 Firefish
x1 Yellow Watchman Goby / Pistol Shrimp Combo
x1 Royal Gramma Basslet
x1 One Spot Foxface
x1 Flame Angelfish
x1 Coral Beauty Angelfish
x1 Yellow Tang

I'm aware the gobies could be aggressive towards eachother as well as the angels. They will be closely monitored and removed if they can't get along (All fish will be closely monitored throughout) . I have a friend with a tank on standby in case of that.

Have fun trying to get a goby out of a 75 gallon with 100 lbs of live rock if things don’t work out. :p

Last edited:
You may or may not get some aggression between the coral beauty and flame in that size tank but to minimize the aggression you can add them both at the same time. The pearlscale is absolutely stunning and I too wanted one but I plan to go reef and don’t want to run the risk. You going FOWLR opens up many options. Just keep in mind the sizes and swimming room needed. The yellow tang can get 8” foxface 8” pearlscale 6” both the angels around 4”. All are beautiful fish goodluck to you.

I would not do the yellow tang, foxface, and 2 dwarf angels (pick 1) in a 75 gallon. You are asking for trouble with aggression. Pearlscale is borderline also. I would yet your centerpiece be a Kole/Tomini and 1 Dwarf Angel.

Back