Sump Size

Raphael

If I get a 72 US gallon tank, what size sump (US gallons) will I need? BTW I want to keep false percs, tangs...I am not 100% sure on what else.

I can fit almost anything but what size. BTW I don't want to spend heaps of money on a sump that is too big.

if you talking about a 72 bowfront then i have a 20gal long glass tank under it. anything longer than 30" long and 13" wide will not fit.

Ok is Ã"šÃ‚£480 ($880) worth the tank (72 US gallons) a cabinet, a sump and all the plumbing. BTW, remember I live in the UK so things will be slighly more expensive than people in the US will expect.

I would get as big of a sump as you can. More water, more space, better stability. Acrylic is the best material for sumps IMO, and any used fish tank will do as long as it fits. You don't need a customer built sump, just a box that holds water and your equipment. I am using an acrylic 60g for my sump, and it has plenty of room for evap, and holding the overflow water from the tank if the power goes out.

Not less that 72 and not more that 75 is all I know. I am not sure about the stand yet. I should be going over the dimensions of the cabinet.

Yes. Need dim of stand/cabinet! ;) Helps alot.
On my 75 gal sump I would not go below 29 to 30 gal sump size.

I have a 30 gal 36x12x16 on a standard 75 gal tank 48x18x20
My stand is 30" high so allows room for a tall enough skimmer

Back