Super Coral

It's interesting, but it's kinda what we already know. If you gave me the choice to buy the same species of coral from two different sources; one being a wild coral and the other being an aquacultured coral that has spent the past 5 years being fragged through a number of hobbyists, I would pick the aquacultured coral. The aquacultured coral will have now adapted to extreme conditions and the odds of it surviving in my tank are much greater.

So what I gather is they want to reintroduced aquacultured corals that have been stressed and recovered back to the reefs. Pretty expensive lab equipment and project they got going on. They should have just came to RC and we could have told them that.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I'll also add that while I'm not happy to hear about the state of our reefs, which I believe is being impacted greater by pollution rather than warming I do get annoyed when people say that reefs may be experiencing the 3rd largest bleaching event ever when in reality there have been many times Earth has been hotter and had more CO2 in the atmosphere, yet corals have still survived and are here today to prove they can withstand a lot. Are we helping the situation? No. Does every home need to do more? Absolutely. For example, I converted my home to exclusively LED lighting. Even if you don't believe in global warming it's still a smart move from a monetary aspect. I have other projects I'm working on too, like solar batch water heating. Hopefully, these things will begin to become the demand of the consumer and companies will start to produce the products that are environmentally friendly and actually save them money. Everyday we're provided with free energy from the sun and it's energy we are not taking advantage of.

Last edited:
Back