Sylvania (Osram) MH Ballasts

smp

I can get an electronic Osram (sylvania) ballast locally for 60 CND (that's like 45 USD maybe). This beats the price of the Icecap ballast that I was thinking of getting by a long shot.

Does anyone have experience with these things? I want to drive a 15k XM bulb, 250 Watt.
Good, bad?

I understand that electronic is the way to go because of heat and efficiency compared to the magnetic ballasts.

Just look up the specs on the ballast and check if it will drive your bulb.
Do you have a model number for the ballast ? It should be fairly easy to find specs.

I maybe in the market for 12 or so ballasts for a store I'm setting up could you tell me were your getting yours and the model number?

Just make sure you match the Ansi numbers of the ballast and the bulb. Their format is something "M98", M + 2 digits. Tell me what bulb your using and Ill pick you out a ballast tomorrow at work. I work for a Sylvania distributor and pick out Halide ballasts all day long.

Matching Ansi numbers are important for light quality and lamp life.

Please dont ask me for pricing, I can buy onesies or twosies every once in a while at cost, but I cant buy a ton of them and resell them at great prices on the forums(I would be doing that if I could).

Back