T-Slot Aluminum light mount

Webmanny

Hey guys,

Once again I need your help. I need to build a wall mount lime the one on the pictures below for a light over my 40 breeder. I have been to Home Depot, Lowe's and Ace, but I can't find T-Slot aluminum anywhere locally.

Also, I'm afraid to buy it online since I've never purchased this and don't really know what size, connections, specs, etc. to get.

If you could point me to someone locally that carries this, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, if you could please give me any advice on this project. Thank you in advance.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Awesome. There is a Grainger near my office. I will give them a try. Thank you for your prompt response.

Hey guys. I just wanted to update you with what I have found so far. Grainger was not very helpful and extremely overpriced. I was able to find the local distributor for 80/20 inc.

They are on 60 in Brandon and are called Adams Air. They are very helpful and will help you with designing your frame and recommended the best parts for my setup at the right price.

I spent quite a bit ($125.00) because I ordered more things than I needed because I plan to make another setup for my office at home and they are making all the precision cuts and taps for me.

Please keep in mind that the same materials would have cost me $175 at Grainger and I would have to cut all the parts myself.

Just FYI.

Thats awesome so they cut everything for you!!

I have a buddy who works at grainger and I pay employee cost so that why it was cheap for me :)

But I will keep them in mind for future builds.

Thats awesome so they cut everything for you!!

I have a buddy who works at grainger and I pay employee cost so that why it was cheap for me :)

But I will keep them in mind for future builds.

Yes. They order it to size. so I just have to assemble it all. I will start a build thread once everything comes in and I start working on it.

ROFL. Wow. I was not expecting this one. Postal, you made my day...

Nwest,

I just got the UPS tracking this morning. It should arrive tomorrow or Friday.

I will keep you guys updated.

good stuff, soon as i get some extra cash I am will be building one out of 80/20 using the 1010 anodized black stuff, i think i have it priced around 109.00

Update. I got the parts last week, but have family visiting for the holidays and haven't had time to post.

This is my experience so far with 80/20 Inc. I'm extremely happy with this purchase and hope to get a chance to assemble this soon.

• Excellent packaging and shipping.
  • Things came very well packed and clearly labeled.
  • Their product is very clean looking and fits perfectly.
  • You can feel the quality of the product in your hands.

Here are some pictures.
upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

Back