Tank of the Month - June '06

Hello fishtk75
Yes the yellow coral is a sun coral (pic 5)and i feed it brine shrimp and mysis and i try to feed every polyp.These do require feeding every other day to stay healthy and to bloom for most of the day every day.
Also good water perameters are a must.
Hope this helps you out.
Ollie

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7639090#post7639090 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Olliereefer
Hello fishtk75
Yes the yellow coral is a sun coral (pic 5)and i feed it brine shrimp and mysis and i try to feed every polyp.These do require feeding every other day to stay healthy and to bloom for most of the day every day.
Also good water perameters are a must.
Hope this helps you out.
Ollie

Thanks
i have problem with coraline growing on them.

Great looking tank! I love the color contrast! Could you please tell me what the coral in pic #15 is? I have one exactly like it and don't know what it is!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7537870#post7537870 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SanFranTodd
You can really keep all that stuff under <200w of lighting?

Looks like I need to ditch my MH's !

I agree--wow under 200W of light is astonishing!!!

You're tank is not as impressive in terms of equipment as the other TOTM. Never the less it is at least as impressive if not more, mainly because the few equipment you use and how beautiful it is. One thing that got my attention is the amount of light you use. If im not mistaken you use three 14K 39 watt plus two 30 watt actinics. This is what? ~190 watts? Having said that I noticed you kept some (sps)acroporas, I thought you could only keep those with halides or at least a lot of watts?

Back