Tank slightly unlevel should I worry?

Scarbay

Hello all!

I have been keeping aquariums for about 10 years, started with freshwater and progressed to saltwater which I’ve been doing for the last 5 and a half or so.

I’ve had a Waterbox Reef 100.3 setup since May 2020. I know that this is something that I should’ve checked in the beginning, but between buying the house and moving, I never made sure the tank was level before setting everything up.

Now it has a leveling mat between the tank itself and the stand, but while looking at it one day I noticed it appears to have a slight lean. I used an actual level and sure enough it was off. Here are pics of the level when I first checked, left side front to back then right side front to back then from the front:

8EE799EF-60C8-4B7D-918F-96D7695F8938.jpeg

342376A1-55F6-4424-A496-936E763A9B18.jpeg

0B10D25F-8194-4BE7-B953-3EA931FAF169.jpeg

I just finished emptying the tank, leveling it best I could with wood shims and refilling. It was level when it was empty and now that I’ve refilled it I’ve got:
8017126C-C140-4C17-BE38-7C14E86E06BD.jpeg

9EA529CA-CACD-4278-A638-3B9BFB3F9D57.jpeg

I also noticed that there’s a small area in the bottom right corner where it looks like the tank is hanging off the front:
D9AC9E34-AEA2-40FC-85D3-C7EDC858241D.jpeg

Am I being too paranoid about this?

The post-refill looks pretty good and I would say to be acceptable. As for the overhang, it’s generally advised you want the corners supported. Did the tank slide when you were releveling it?

The post-refill looks pretty good and I would say to be acceptable. As for the overhang, it’s generally advised you want the corners supported. Did the tank slide when you were releveling it?
Thank you for your reply. I didn’t think the tank slid while releveling, it’s strange because all the other corners are flush with the cabinet. Waterbox says that the tank was designed for the front pane to float above the cabinet which I do remember it being like that before but that little sliver of bottom pane glass wasn’t sticking out

Thank you for your reply. I didn’t think the tank slid while releveling, it’s strange because all the other corners are flush with the cabinet. Waterbox says that the tank was designed for the front pane to float above the cabinet which I do remember it being like that before but that little sliver of bottom pane glass wasn’t sticking out
Probably to be flush with the closed front doors.

Back