Theoretically possible cross with zoas?

tham121988

I can't find a ton of info on zoas and how they reproduce but that they asexually and sometimes sexually reproduce. Since they can sexually reproduce is it possible to cross 2 different zoas and basic mendelian laws apply? Does anyone do this?

I have purple deaths and nuclear greens next to each other, and where they meet, the polyps color are striped purple and green.

I have purple deaths and nuclear greens next to each other, and where they meet, the polyps color are striped purple and green.

That's really cool. I have a rock I am slowly covering in different zoa frags and was wondering if they might change any if they grew into each other. Maybe I will be lucky enough to have the same outcome.
Do you have any pictures?

Theoretically yes, but it's so improbable to happen as no one has really reliably figured out the whole breeding process in a way that can be repeated consistently.

From what I've seen/read, the "hybrids" will blend together but they'll sprout new zoas that are their original species, not the hybrid. So if you cross a red and a blue to make a cool tie-dyed purple thing, it'll sprout into blue or red.

Pics or it didn't happen.

285f02d98870da56102246bb3eb21eb5.jpg

Back