Thoughts on these??

Jester75

Has anyone ever looked at these for reef automation?? I have heard good things about them and the price is pretty cheap. (around 80 bucks for one without the display.) And they are also expandable. What are your thoughts?

I have used the Siemens Logo! and also the Zelio smart relay and this looks similar. They work quite well the only problem that I have is that there is twice as many inputs as outputs.

How do those compare price wise? These are running about 80 without the lcd display and 4 outputs and 8 inputs if I'm not mistaken.

I have always bought mine from surplus or off of Ebay so I am not sure of the new price. I like the Siemens Logo! software the best, they actually charge for the software, I guess that I would look into the logic and see how you like it. I think that for 4 output you can not hardly go wrong. The Siemens you can get expansion modules and they have a built in clock.

What do you plan on automating with it?
Looks pretty limited in size and ability for total automation.

I use mine for controlling the lights and am working on adding a temperature controller so I can use it to control my heaters and also to input to the controller so I can turn on fans and turn off the lights in extreme conditions. I also want to add the abality to control my pumps for feeding or water changes and other things as I come upon them. I also like the chalange of programming and DIY.

Back