Thursday night photos

Sounds like a fun plan. Like most reef keepers, I have a hard time keeping my hands out of the tank. Always looking for ways to make the tank look better.

I like the idea of a semi-reef. Keep us updated with pictures as you progress.

Oh yeah..is that the yellow leather you got from me (that I got from Jim)?

Keith

No, I got that leather at a swap at Daves a few years ago. I was a lot smaller then!

The yellow leather I got from you went into another tank. (Not mine.)

If you want fish tank stuff to do, breeding will keep you busy. Water changes EVERY DAY.

Yes..I am getting ready for the breeding..but I am hoping to start with "easier" fish like the bangaii cardinals. Not sure if I am ready for the gobies after I have read everything you have gone through.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6925887#post6925887 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kewliz
I don't recall ever seeing tank shots of yours before.

I was just thinking the same thing. :)

What is the rock work in the corner in the second pic? It looks like the rock fits flush into the corner and forms a wall. Very cool!

Nope. It's a anemone mountain and does not touch the side or back. Not that that will stop an anemone from moving! But my rose won't move even if it's starving; it's a stubborn beast.

Unless you are taking about the rock the leather is sitting on? I actually don't like that rock there, but it's got mushrooms all over it and I have not more room in the fuge anyway. It touches the back wall to form an arch. One of my assessors loves it, though.

I used to post pics all the time, but all I seem to take photos of any more are little itty bitty babies. Like little Lad, who is finally growing up a bit.

day66a.jpg

The grayish rock looking stuff right above and behind the rose was what I was talking about. What is the little guy above?

Ah yes -- that's the faux rock wall Badmort was talking about. It's mostly foam with some rock rubble, averaging about 3/4" thick.

The little Lad is a 9 week old yellow watchman goby.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6923425#post6923425 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NicoleC
Not cords... reflection. I forgot to turn off the lights and those are my curtains you see reflecting off the acrylic. The back is painted black. In person I think the faux rock wall makes the tank look deeper, which was the goal. If I had covered the whole back wall it really would have made it look shallower

Ahhh... okay.. then I do like the faux rockwork, and the tank is looking beautiful :)

Back