Tiny nematode worms in QT

Swensos

I was just checking on a fish that has been through five weeks of hypo, three doses of prazi, and three weeks of observation and noticed TINY translucent nematodes all over the glass. They're less than a millimeter long, thin, and slither along the glass. I'm surprised I even saw them. I've checked the usual hitchhiker guides and haven't found anything resembling them.

I'd take a picture, but they're barely large enough to see with the naked eye. The fish seems fine and healthy. The "worms" are too small to see whether they have a spaded head like planaria or legs. I even put my reading glasses on. Only fish have been in this system. I know in freshwater tanks, nematodes happen and are no big deal, but in saltwater...:uzi:

I stared at my smith blenny's anus for at least ten minutes. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. But if I did, what would be the treatment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stared at my smith blenny's anus for at least ten minutes. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. But if I did, what would be the treatment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fenbendazole is a good dewormer.

I think they might just be detrivores, because they are all over the glass, but I'll keep an eye on my fish. I read there's over 100,000 species and about only 16% are parasitic.

Back