Toxic Color fading

rhoodhouse

What Causes this Toxic Coloration and how do you keep it from fading? Mine has lost a lot of the Toxic Color in the last 4 months.
I have moved it up to the top of my tank to see if that helps.

One other thing the Toxic Color actually looks like a powder covering the zoo, but not part of the zoo is this true?

Thanks
Rodney Hood
86513AD1.jpg

Something is irritating your zoos, do they always look retracted like this? There are many reasons that would cause them to look this way.

Never heard of the phrase Toxic Coloration. Where did you hear that from, just curious to learn more about it.

Have you checked all of your parameters?

Are you using a swing arm to check your salinity?

Have you dropped or scrapped any salt creep back into your tank?

Have you perform a recent water change?

Did you recently add any iodine?

Mucho

Mucho I this picture was taken within minutes of them being placed in the tank. To me they seem to be fine most of the time no different than any of my other zoo's just lotts bigger. here is a picture.

The color reference is just a way to describe how bright they were. Also I belive that the color is a secreation (spelling ?) not their real color. It looks like a powder coat on them. I will look and see if I have pic's of what I am talking about.
Thanks
Rodney Hood
I will give you pic's in a minute...

ok here we go.....
First I am posting the original pic of these zoo's. This pis was with flash and the color is real to life. If you look closely you can see that the skirts look as though they have green puddy on them...

Second is a closer shot of the same zoo's with flash thken at the same time the green on the skirt is faded out but you can still see what i'm trying to show you. The green puddy is not only on the skirt but covers part of the polyp as well. this puddy for lack of a better word is also in the center of the zoo.

Finally it is the puddy that is slowly going away. They as still green but not "toxic puddy green" does anyone have experiance with this? How do you keep the color going. I assume high lighting but I could be way off on this.

Oh ya these guys are huge....quarter sized

86513AD1.jpg

86513aq1.jpg

Back