Toy Drive results for All Children's Hospital with F.A.I.O.S.

Mrs Postal

Each year F.A.O.IS. holds a toy drive for All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL. It is a big event with the garage sale, blood drive and then the raffle of donated items at 6pm. Below is the message shared on the TBRC FB page yesterday from F.A.O.I.S.

"It was the honor for the Reiter Family to deliver our customer's generous donations for All Children's Hospital. Many kids and families will benefit from this year's raffle as you broke our record for toys collected. We had to borrow a larger vehicle, in fact, we needed two pickup trucks in order to make one trip. We overwhelmed the staff of All Children's Hospital with the amount of gifts. We noticed a few individuals exiting the hospital that became visibly moved by the sight of so many toys being unloaded. More than once we heard, "You are going to make A LOT of kids happy.". YOU made this happen! Very special gratitude belongs to our sponsors, Aki Sushi Oldsmar, CaribSea Brands, ClownFish Reef Aquaculture, Coralife, CoralVue, The Crossley Family, Dr.Tim's Aquatics, EcoTech Marine, Eshopps Inc., ESV Aquarium Products, FishEye Aquaculture, Going Postal Aquatics, Guppy's on the Beach Grill & Bar, Marineland, ORA - Oceans, Reefs & Aquariums, RedSea, Reef Nutrition, Tunze USA, Two Little Fishies and The Wise Family - please take some time to thank each one for their participation via FaceBook or email. Lastly, many THANKS goes out to the staff of Fish and other Ichthy stuff - Chris Collins, Robert Hines and Dave Stickler - for putting up with John's manicness and working extra hard after/before hours getting everything ready during the last week leading up to The BIG Day."- John Reiter

From the TBRC: For those of you who donated toys, cash and prizes, know that your generosity is noted and that you are making some sick children very happy this Christmas season. Thank you everyone who participated making this the largest donation that we have been apart of to the hospital. What a great thing the TB reefing community did this holiday season!!

That's awesome. I suggest to everyone to publicly thank on Facebook those who donated a raffle item. The recognition and good PR will only help for next year.

I know John had a difficult time getting companies to help. I tried my best to help, but most of my efforts didn't pay off. A lone voice fell on deaf ears. Although not for nothing, I was able to get a few to send a raffle item.

Back