Trying to clear up some confusion: What exactly are cephalopods?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12152211#post12152211 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Octavarium
Cephs are the coolest guys in the ocean

Or an aquarium! Although they share that #1 spot with stomatopods in my book. :D

Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to add (octopus/squid/cuttlefish) to the forum title though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=4230448#post4230448 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Key Of David
FYI the folks at GARF have been keeping rare nautilus with success. You may want to give their website a looksee.

This comes up from time to time, but I am unable to find any actual info on it, except references to something that happened in 1978 IIRC. If you could provide a link, I would love to read more.

Thanks

RR

If the word cephalopod means something like head at the center or radiated from the head, will a starfish be a cephalopod :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12439837#post12439837 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdieck
If the word cephalopod means something like head at the center or radiated from the head, will a starfish be a cephalopod :D

Indeed! :D

Snails and slugs are in a different class of Mollusca, Gastropoda. No one really knows how the 8 major lineages (classes) of molluscs are related to each other but figuring it out using DNA sequence data is my Ph.D. dissertation research project.

Hello I recently saw cuttlefish eggs for sale at my lfs and there scientific name was sepia officinalis and I was wondering what the min tank size for one would be

Very doubtful there were actually S. officinalis, and most likely they are S. bandensis. S. officinalis get very large 30 cm + and require 70 degree water. However, they are prolly S. bandensis which are tropical and get max 4 inches please do some serious research before purchasing because they are not simple to raise from eggs.

Back