UV Sterilizer just added to new tank, how to mount, plumb?

fltekdiver

I just ordered a new UV Sterilizer , for a tank that's been up and running a few weeks. As I introduce fish , I wanted to make sure I' was running a UV for things like ICk and other bad bacteria the new fish and coral might have

I have 2 questions:

I ordered the Aqua Ultraviolet 15 Watt Advantage 2000+ In-Line UV Sterilizer
How would I mount this? it does not come with mounting brackets?

Is says max flow for 75 gallon salt water tank is 700 GPH
Would I run a pump rated around 300GPH so it goes through it slower and sterilizers the water rather than running it at max flow, like 700GPG as a polisher?

Any good pumps to do this? I do not have enough pump to come off my return and Tee it in

Thanks !

I used straps around the tube and then screws into the sumps roof. Then ran my pvc into the sump. A drain and an intake w pump at the base.

The UV really made a BIG difference in the health of my tank. Killing off an algae bloom, ich presentation (ich displayed when I reduced the UV cycle time since I truned it back up 18 hrs day), and it really clears the water. It seems essential for the less hyper-water changers. Enjoy it!!!

Thank you !

I'll do exactly that !

So does the intake hose go in the sump drain area, and the return goes into the return pump area?

If its rated for upto 700GPH I'd want around 300gph for it to sterilize right?

Thank you !

I'll do exactly that !

So does the intake hose go in the sump drain area, and the return goes into the return pump area?

If its rated for upto 700GPH I'd want around 300gph for it to sterilize right?

I plumbed the UV on a seperate pump. A low gph pump. It has a small footprint in the sump next to my main pump. I believe linking it this way gives better control, reduces wear on the main pump, and is a simpler design.

Good luck with your setup... post a pic!

Back