Wanting to get a rodi unit

GRVY

I am getting tired of going down to the local shop and buying water. I want to start making my own. Can anyone recommend me a rodi unit? I currently have a 29 gallon tank, more than likely will add a 40 gallon within the next year. My tap water has pretty high tds at around 410. I am reading stuff about chlorine and chloramine and not sure what unit to get to fit my needs. I want to make sure the end result is 0 tds but also make sure I get ridding of chlorine/chloramine. I would also like to be able to hook up my bathroom sink by unscrewing my aerator and attaching the unit. Any advice or direction is appreciated.

Call your municipal water company and find out if they use chlorine or chloramine. That will determine your optimal prefilter set up. As far as hooking it up to your bathroom faucet, I’d recommend that you attach it by using this John Guest fitting on the cold water line in your bathroom sink. It screws in and is not permanent. I’ve tried screwing in an adapter to the bathroom faucet before and it leaks everywhere. Much different from a kitchen faucet adapter which is nice and leak free.

You want the 1/4” x 3/8” x 3/8”

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/john-guest-angle-stop-valve.html

Trying to get a hold of the public works department is damn near impossible. I called yesterday and today multiple times and left voicemail both days. Nothing.

Call the company that you pay for your water. Public works isn’t it. As an example, I live in Fairfield, CT and pay a company called Aquarion (formerly Bridgeport Hydraulic) for my water. I call them for chorine/chloramine treatment information, not the Town of Fairfield Public works department.

Found out is treated with gas chlorine. I only have about 200 bucks to spend on this so I am thinking of getting the brs 4 stage, unless anyone else has a better recommendation.

Check used.

Other than pumps, nothing in an ro/di moves, so it doesn't wear down over time (other than filters, obviously)

Spend money on filters that actually do something, not the housings themselves.

I'm personally a Spectrapure guy and have been for many years. Many good companies out there but like mentioned above it's important to know what your dealing with from the source water. Once you know that a quality dealer can recommend the best setup.

I've heard good things about Air Water and Ice. Mine is from a company called Abundant Flow. I bought it used 10+ years ago and it's still going strong (with filter/resin changes, of course).

I'm sure any respectable brand will get you what you need. Find one that has the options you like and the price you can pay.

Mine has a garden hose fitting for the inlet. It gives me the flexibility to use it on a sink or shower with a screw-in adapter. I used it in a utility sink in my previous house. Now it's tied to a guest shower. I only fill jugs in sinks or showers/tubs. I've overflowed too many to not do that.

Back