Waterbix 20 build - advice request

AusReef79

G'day Folks,

First time poster... I've been interested in marine for a number of years now but never had the opportunity to kick it off. I now have a 5yr old daughter who is very keen on having her own little tank so thought this might be a good opportunity to get the dream off the ground and move to bigger after I have buy in at a later stage :thumbsup:

I'm looking at a Waterbox 20 and I'm wondering what other people have for equipment etc? I'm looking at having a reef tank with some Anenomes, Zoanthids, SPS to start (LPS later) and Ocellaris (how many fish can a 20g take? i'd be happy to take some suggestions). I was thinking of running a TUNZE DOC 9004 skimmer (have to make sure it fits) and not sure on lighting (possibly an AI Prime HD). I was going to run some biological and mechanical filtration in the back. What are the pros and cons of activated carbon? I've read it pulls trace minerals out too and necessitates dosing? What stocking do people have in their 20g nano tanks? I was planning on having live rock, live sand and add some bacteria during cycling. For cycling is it best to start up with sand and microbial dosing and then add live rock later so nothing dies off? any advice would be much appreciated. Also, where do people buy their gear? I'm in contact with my LFS at the moment

That's a lot of questions.
A lot of this info is prevalent on the forums and could found with a quick search.
I would start with some zoas as the first corals as they're easy, and then add the anemone so he has space to move around and pick his spot.
Stick with gobis and a pair of clowns for a tank that small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back