Web cam

Jekerry

Any suggestions on an in tank web camera? I see some on the internet that look like a fun way to see your tank while you are away. Do they correct for the blue light or show everything as purple like a regular camera?

Web cam

I have one called a Reef Cam from Ice Cap. It's small and you can mount it outside the tank or inside as it is waterproof. I have not submerged mine. The streaming is fast and you can save pictures and videos. It is less than 1 mp however, so the images aren't sharp and clear. I have a 16 Gallon nano tank and tho the camera provides a wide angle I still can't see my entire tank. It's fun to watch when I'm out of the house I even witnessed the horrible scene of my Maxi rating my Goby. I was at a store and just happened to check in. I called my husband and said. "œGet in there and save the Goby!" But alas, he was too late.
41c255ea09b7641697c69b42f92bc0a4.jpg
4eb39962ffa4dccc63f796beef3056a3.jpg
317d4a82ad5f8249f8dec632aab79bfc.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Hmm yeah that’s what I thought. Oh well. I wonder if I could affix one of the roscoe orange lens gel things. I’m guessing they would melt in the salt water though.

That Reef Cam looks awesome and functional. May I know the cost?

It was $199. I wish the angle was wider and the resolution was better. I would like to see more than just one section of my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back