What corals can share a rock with a Crocea Clam?

Celtic_Fox

Hello!

I'm looking for suggestions on corals that can share a large rock with a Crocea clam (and not eventually cause the clam problems...) So I guess I'm looking for non-aggressive species that won't overrun or eventually overshadow a Crocea Clam.

So far I'm thinking of

1 - Blastomussa (But it probably wouldn't like the amount of light the clam needs...)
2 - Ricordea (Could take quite a bit of acclimation to the light intensity needed for the clam, but it might be doable)
3 - (maybe) pipe organs. (I like the white and green pipe organ coral - it doesn't seem to get too tall and wavy like some of the others, so I'm hoping it would be a good neighbor and not grow over and/or shade a clam - please let me know if you feel otherwise.)

Note - I don't think I want to do Zoas or Pallys on the rocks I have targeted for my clams. I'll already have some of those on other, smaller, rocks.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

my crocea happily shares a home with a bunch of acros and montis. the clam is the one that keeps them at bay.

my derasa has even happily shared space with a giant torch.

clams are pretty tolerant neighbors.

i'd say try whatever and see. you'll know if the clam isn't liking anything else in close proximity to it.

i'd say try whatever and see. you'll know if the clam isn't liking anything else in close proximity to it.

Of course. But I'm trying to avoid (as much as possible) having to pull the rock out and removing various corals.

Encrusting Montiporas did occur to me as a possibility after I posted this last night. Thank you for confirming that. =)

My derasa shares a rock with a lobo brain. Its mantle is actually touching the flesh of the lobo. Neither seems to mind.

Anything with a calcareous skeleton. The clams will crush and dissolve anything it doesn’t like as long as the clam itself is well footed.

Back