What happened to my Colt!

Bret61081

just about a week ago, I had to take my tank apart to get 2 fish that were outgrowing my system out. Before my colt was doing great....growing all the time and always open. Since then, I moved it to the midde of the tank, same amount of flow. Since I moved it, it hasn't opened up fully ans shrunk down by more then half and has been covered in mucus. For the past few months I have been battling Phosphates and nitrates but the colt has done fine through all that. Now they are in check(Phos at about .3 where b4 they were off the charts and my nitrates around 20 where b4 they were around 100) So I am clueless as to whats going on with it. Here is a pic of what it looked like b4(you can see it in the left corner of the pic) and what it looks like today.

89019DSC00555.JPG

89019DSC00591.JPG

It's just unhappy with it's new location. Mine is well over a year old and I had to move it several times before finding a spot it liked.

It may be too late

It may be too late

Well I got the msg to move the colt when I got home last night and the lights were out so I didnt want to disturb anything in the night....so I waited till today and it looked even worse...Here are the pics of it now after I moved it....not looking too good...Do you think it has a chance or should I just take it out?

89019DSC00597.jpg

89019DSC00600.jpg

colts are in general very hardy. if it were me I would leave it alone and it should recuperate. I have one in my 300gl and it just survived a crash ( about the only thing that did ) it is regrowing now and it was melted down by probably 50%. all I did was dipped it in a iodine dip.

I hope it can come back...I put it back where it was pretty or as close as I could get it....but it still looks pretty bad....My fingers are crossed....

Back