Which fish to get next?

FishyKat

Hi all, I am looking to finalize my stocking list.. and seeing which is the best order to add the fish.

I have a 75g tank (4 foot), and it will be mixed reef. Slowly adding corals as I find the ones I like.

Currently, I have:
2 clowns
1 exquisite wrasse
1 red-head solon wrasse
1 yellow coris wrasse (in QT, prepping to be moved in a few weeks)

in my 28 gal that will soon be broken down I have an emerald crab and an urchin.

I want to add the following fish to complete my stock:

Midas Blenny
Leopard Wrasse
Fairy Wrasse

I am thinking/researching the following:
Foxface
Square-tail bristle tooth tang, OR Kole Tang
Blue Spot Goby (will thy make a mess of sand?)

What do you guys think? Which should I add next? suggestions of what I should avoid or add instead?

I would probably avoid the fox face. But everything else could really be added in any order, maybe except add the tang at the very end once everything else is established.

agree with above. you more than likely already know that your tank is on the small side for tangs though. But if you are adding 1 I would do it last. if you are going to do tang or foxface I think you need to pick one or the other just because of the tank size.

the goby can make a mess, some more than others. I had one once and took him out, had sand everywhere.

Make sure you have a 2 or so in sand bed at the minimum for the leopard wrasse and make sure you have a good pod population. Leopards are on the difficult side to keep.

Go for a fairy flasher wrasse. One of my favorite wrasses in my tank. :)

thank you both for the input!!

I do like the fairy wrasses a lot, it's one of my must haves.

I am still reading on foxface and kole tang. I am seeing that foxfaces can be nippy at corals.

Back