Xenia on glass

shoddyk

I have come across a few pictures of tanks with Xenia growing on the back and side walls of tanks and I am wondering how to get mine to stick to the glass. Does the Xenia just spread off the rocks onto the glass or are the frag's glued on the glass?

Put a frag next to the glass and they will spread to the glass. They seem to like rocks better so if there is a rock nearby that might be where they end up.

I bought a frag 4 months ago that was mounted on a disk and attached it to the top of a rock. The Xenia has multiplied from 1 stalk to about 8 small stalks that are all on a 2" disk. The Xenia is starting to move it's way down the rock because it cannot go higher being that it is already as high as it can go. I am going to try and place it next to the glass and see what happens.

Xenia always like to spread towards the light, so just put a piece of rock with the xenia on it against the glass and it will quickly spread upward.

if its stalk touches the glass for more than a cpl days it'll attach then you can cut the stalk in half and the stump will regrow in a cpl wks

I fragged my Xenia today and made 10 different stalks attached to a large rock that is on and upward slope halfway up the tank. I also leaned a few of the originall stalks against the back of the glass to see if they stick.

All the frag's I cut yesterday are already open and pulsing. Looks like everyone is going to make it.:)

Back