0 Phosphates and 0 Nitrates - what to do

Johnic

Premium Member
I’ve never had this issue but seeing the tank is new with only a few soft and one SPS coral - keep in mind the only SPS is loosing color and whitening. What should I do to get my phos and nitrates up. I’ve been feeding a bit more and dropped the light levels down from 80% to 70% on my G6 xr 15 radions.

what else if anything should I do. I afraid to loose my only SPS.

I’ve never had this issue but seeing the tank is new with only a few soft and one SPS coral - keep in mind the only SPS is loosing color and whitening. What should I do to get my phos and nitrates up. I’ve been feeding a bit more and dropped the light levels down from 80% to 70% on my G6 xr 15 radions.

what else if anything should I do. I afraid to loose my only SPS.
What are your current readings? You can dose as many people commonly do these days. Brightwell neophos and neonitro are common choices.

Bleaching could also be light shock and/or high tank temperatures.

Ditto. A lot more info would be helpful. What test kits are you using? How old is your system (is new a week, a month, 3 months)? What fish do you have? What's your maintenance regimen? Are you dosing anything?

Ditto. A lot more info would be helpful. What test kits are you using? How old is your system (is new a week, a month, 3 months)? What fish do you have? What's your maintenance regimen? Are you dosing anything?
Its a tank reboot with new rock...its been up and running since sept 2022. I have 3 fish. I use Hanna testers - Phosphorus ULR and Hanna Nitrate HR.
I have an auto water changer that does 1 gal every other day, I have a reefmat 500 and a skimmer. Dosing just Alk and Calc via Kalkwasser.

What Mellotang said, feed your fish more. Corals prefer urea and ammonia from fish which corals prefer over nitrates and fish poop also provides phosphorus and carbonates.

Back