130 gallon Propagation Workshop

As far as livestock....

I was thinking a sixline up top along with a lawnmower

For the 100 gallon I was thinking a kole tang and a one spot foxface

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Sounds good. If you plan on target feeding the top you might want to double think the 6 line. I had one that used to steal food from my coral after I would feed. Not saying all 6 lines do this but mine drove me nuts doing that.
A kole tang is one of my favorite fish and Ive been considering a lawnmower for my frag tank too but have heard of a few nipping at zoa's, but i might try one out anyways. If it doesn't work out I was considering some mollies in the frag tank for a form of algae control.
Ive never had a foxface before but have heard good things about them.

Teaser
14fcef866c68a01377726ade7d824756.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things look like they are starting to come together

Yeah I think so too. A little more painting and what not. But I'm ordering salt tomorrow. So I got that going for me, which is nice. Hope to get salty this weekend. I gotta trim up the 29 she's getting outta hand. :lolspin:

Yeah I think so too. A little more painting and what not. But I'm ordering salt tomorrow. So I got that going for me, which is nice. Hope to get salty this weekend. I gotta trim up the 29 she's getting outta hand. :lolspin:

That's awesome! And it's always a good problem to have when your corals need a trimming! You will have to get some more pics and videos up to show what all you have accomplished.

My brother in law just hooked it up with some black 2" slotted wiremold!! So that lays the ground work for my wire management. Still have some touch up to do with the paint brush

I will be draining the tap water out of the system. I'm going try and water the garden, house plants, roses,etc. But I'll start making ro/di water Thursday night, which will probably take all weekend to fill with my 75gpd unit. Anyways salt comes on Friday and I'll start cycling when her and the 10gal ato bucket are filled.

Thanks for your time.

So this weekend we emptied the tap water out of the system and started making ro/di water. Three days later the water column is filled and salt is added. I used fluval "cycle" 250ml to get this cycle going. Also I added a cocktail shrimp.
adca8534a3ded215a514210445ebe45e.jpg

I bought a new ammonium test kit to check my levels for spike. It's only been a few hours so I consider this test somewhat of a control..
5203bcec8f6c9975d56aef9027255441.jpg

Also I'm using a filter sock to catch suspended particulate.
17d9a13d0c63bd8363b98b99b468e2f6.jpg

Look at that water movement
0455b09158473acb19adcdc58cf5b010.jpg

Back