$1500 a good price?

I guess if you just wanna be done all in one shot. But I enjoy the hunt to find good deals cheaper and less painful. There always good deals on this forum.

I agree. I mean if you want that tank badly get it. But you can look for different lights on here I have the same sand you're looking for that I'll give you some. You can get dry rock online cheaper than live rock in a store and I'd argue it's better to start a system with than live rock. Stand you can buy or build if you're handy enough. So you can knock your original investment down dramatically if you want.

Yeah you guys are right maybe I should at least buy the tank, stand and I really like the lights. Have you guys ever heard of real reef rock? It's dry rock but looks like real rock I love the way it looks.

+1 on the price if you need some dry rock I have some and will give you a hand with the stand if you decide to build, there are always tanks for sale cheaper!!!!!!!!!!

As many have already noted, it's definitely overpriced... even if it were all brand new in box with a shiny bow. :)

Skip the Skyye light entirely- I'm biased, but I've used it before and it's a Chinese entry-level LED at best. Real Reef rock is great (pest/algae free) and many folks use it with success.

I would take a different approach to your tank buying process- research, research, research and then scope out your gear (new or used). I'm not a big proponent of used "package deals", because typically you are buying someone else's compromised equipment that may or may not have worked well from the get-go.

Have you checked out the Lighting & Equipment forum? There's an endless amount of advice there. Questioning the mentor? Ask to see a FTS. Good luck!

Back