2002 Maintenance

kelhuffman

Premium Member
Morning Roger,

I was screwing around with ESV 2-part additions yesterday and I caused a calcium snowstorm last night that left residue all over the place. I presume that also means my primary pump's impellor, as well as most other items generating heat, are also coated.

Do the Classic 2002's need a cleaning after something like this? Do they need a cleaning at all after 8 months use? If so, how do I go about servicing them? THanks!!

No service should be necessary as a result of the calcium precipitate. Should you wish to clean them you will simply have to puch the Circle clamp up the tube, pull down on the impeller housing which will uncouple it from the tube, you will now have the circular impeller housing and clear drive shaft asemble in your hand. Unscrew the intake piece from the impeller housing, hold the impeller with your finger, unscrew the shaft. The shaft, impeller, thrust washer, washer and impeller housing will now seperate. The primary parts that will need service are the motor bearings. If the pump stops due to overheating disconnect it until the bearings can be replaced. This should be done every 3 years.

Roger

Back