2009 Frag Swap Pics

crumbletop

Here are some photos of the swap :D

I'm trying to learn how to use Flickr, so forgive me if these don't show up properly :p

The full album is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/crumbletop/sets/72157612721448392/

3207283854_8cb04f4af5_b.jpg

3207289258_f3f0064046_b.jpg

3206447391_4a59094209_b.jpg

3206452117_0bfc8818dd_b.jpg

3206456251_322c2c206d_b.jpg

3206459667_50ce4d5933_b.jpg

Hopefully the photos show up for everyone else (instead of just me)!!!

I made a 25 second video of the first 25 minutes of the swap (one photograph taken every 5 seconds), but I can't figure out how to post that :/

yeah you would have to post pics so I could see all the fun I missed...lol..looks like a great swap. do you have a guessimate on how many people were their? I will be at next years come hell or highwater...lol

Sorry I missed it; looks like quite a turn-out. So many young people, maybe I'm getting too old for the hobby. Lots of people I recognize but several I don't. Sorry I missed Sanjay's talk; I could have easily spent an hour talking lighting with him alone.

Dave

There were alot of new faces for me, too. Of course, a lot of the old salts were there, just spread around the room.

Nice pics Jack! Everytime I saw you at the swap, you were snapping pictures. I'm sure you ended up with several hundred pictures.

The swap turned out great. Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make it that way.

who was the vendor in the first pic with those tank/stands/canopies? They look pretty nice.

Steve

Steve, that's Ocea Aquarium Products. They did have nice looking stuff.

Thanks, Chris! Yeah, I snapped over well over 300 picks, although 270 of those were automated (snapped every 5 seconds) at the beginning of the swap. I made those into a movie, but I haven't figured out how to post it. Even if I did, it might not be worth the download time for ~2.3 MB.

We bought a 110 from them. They gave us a great deal, will drill the holes and install the overflows for free, and deliver it for free. They are a first class bunch. Now I must learn how to plumb something with 2 overflows.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14189595#post14189595 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kg4izw
We bought a 110 from them. They gave us a great deal, will drill the holes and install the overflows for free, and deliver it for free. They are a first class bunch. Now I must learn how to plumb something with 2 overflows.

It's easy!

Just run your overflow piping together under the tank into a T and then straight down into the sump. As far as your return goes, just run your pipe from your pump and then T it off as well to go to both returns into the tank. Make sure and use unions though so you can undo your plumbing if you need to move or give a good cleaning. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14189830#post14189830 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RevHtree
Make sure and use unions though so you can undo your plumbing if you need to move or give a good cleaning. ;)

Exactly... unions are expensive in the short-term, but just one episode of having to pull your plumbing apart or having to move, and the time/money you save by using them will pay for itself.

On my 270 I had 9 true union ball valves and somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 or so unions. Being able to replace my burnt out return pump with a totally different pump in less than an hour... priceless. Being able to move that tank and take all of the plumbing apart in less than an hour...priceless again. Not having to re-plumb and pay for all of the plumbing all over again when I set the tank back up...priceless again.

And Jack... thanks for taking and posting these. I'm going to save a select few that really show off the size of the event for sending to sponsors next year to possibly convince them it is worth donating.

Back