2011 Maine Reef Club

bunsenburner

Premium Member
Anybody out there still interested in Reef keeping in Maine?

The SWAM site has been down and out for a bit now. Perhaps it is done for good.

What level of interest is there is starting something up again?

14 views in a day, interest, but not enough to reply.

After a good bit of down time the SWAM site is up again, so the question remains what do we do?

Start over, revive SWAM, or give up on the idea of a Maine club

Found this again. Hoping Dan will see and intro the new site, but maybe he's still ironing out details. I bet there are lots of them. :clown:

Joe

New site

New site

I heard from dennis at deep sea that dan was getting a new site together, will be nice to have a fresh start. Does anyone know how much if any money is left from SWAM?

I am not an overly large fan of meetings or what not.. i am in southern maine as well my swam screen name is dharmajedi. I have done alot of fraggin with some of you guys but thats about it. But if something can be started that doesnt feel as aloof as it has been then i would gladly help out. And just to clarify the people i have gotten frags from have not been aloof at all....

Hi. Midcoast area interested party here. Just started a 10 gallon nano. Have had freshwater tanks for a few years.

Just moved to the Mid-Coast, love to get this going again.
I'm starting a new 70g Rimless SPS setup as I type...

Please let me know if I can help out in anyway!!

I live in the Portland area and just entering the saltwater hobby. I do not know what SWAM is but I am looking for local sw tank owners to get to know. I prefer to deal locally with corals and such rather than to buy online.

is there monthly meetings or something? Also is there anyone who has some beginner coral frags I could buy or have? Right now I just cycled my tank and am looking to make it more attractive. I really like colorful zoanthids and ricordea

Im deff interested in a maine reef club. Im building my system currently, its been 8 yrs in the making. 150g marineland DD, basement fishroom with over another 200g of system water. Im in buxton

I'm definitely interested in a get-together with people who'd like to start this group again. In trying to get up to speed with the SW resources around here I found and OLD posting that listed about 10 or 12 SW stores. I'm trying to update the list and then do some traveling around. Also, I'd like to meet for my own selfish reasons - I need lots of frags for my tank. Be happy to help out any way I can.

Hey I know this is resurrecting a dead post, but anyone know of any good LFS in Maine, it seems like most of them have closed down. I'm looking for places in the Portland, August or Lewiston Aubrun Area.

Back