3 RADION XR30W For $1450 or 3 Hydra HD 26 for $1200???

TURKLET0N

I have the opportunity to buy 3 Radion XR30W Pros with the wide angle lenses and the reef link for $1450 which are three months old or I can do the 3 Hydra HD 26 for about $1200. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone used the Radions? Would three Radions be overkill for my 150?

I have 3 XR15W Pros over my 150 but I also have 4 48" T5s as well. I probably wouldn't trust the 3 xr15ws alone but with 3 XR30ws you would be awesome! And I have a really good lighting schedule from an LFS that I can send you. The same LFS uses radions only over their show tank and it's incredible. They have 12 xr30w pros over 400g.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that's an incredible price if they're truly only 3 months old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

considering that is about the price of two new xr 30 pros I would call that a good deal for sure. I have had my radion for about 2 months now and I really like it. It is a well known product for sure so you should be able to find lots of reviews in your research.

Check out tanks with lights you are considering before purchase. See some Radions and Hydras and whatever else you can find.
Macon has hydras and his tank looks better than all but 1 pure radion tank I have seen in person.
Don't take online pictures as gospel. Lots of good photographers out there. See them in person for yourself.

i have had the radion Pros since 2012. ZERO issues and I have 4 units . If your ever in brandon area you are more than welcome to see in person.

Go for the radions, and you will need all 3, love mine, your welcome to ck my tank out as well

Last edited:
If you go to the ai website there is a huge difference between the 26s and the radion pros. I have mostly ai lights on my tanks and they work well, but if you're going for a packed sps system there is no comparison.

Check out tanks with lights you are considering before purchase. See some Radions and Hydras and whatever else you can find.
Macon has hydras and his tank looks better than all but 1 pure radion tank I have seen in person.
Don't take online pictures as gospel. Lots of good photographers out there. See them in person for yourself.

Unless he's changed it out he's running the OG AI SOL Blues.

Are they the pro with the huge white brick power supply?

Here are the pictures I have. I'm guessing these are the power supplies in the picture.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 0
Oops , sorry about that. Got confused I guess and was thinking AI brand. Anyway he has a beautiful tank that should give a general idea of what the lights are capable of.

I don't have either of these brands but you can come see my t5 led hybrid. Pm me if interested.

Oops , sorry about that. Got confused I guess and was thinking AI brand. Anyway he has a beautiful tank that should give a general idea of what the lights are capable of.

I don't have either of these brands but you can come see my t5 led hybrid. Pm me if interested.

It's even more impressive if you think about it.

I'm picking them up Friday along with an MP40, Vectra L1, 200 lbs of live rock, his water, coral, sand and livestock. Should be fun moving it all..... Anyone live around Westchase that has nothing better to do that would be interested in helping?

Back