3 weeks using Vibrant. Amazing results!

Do you know if you can set this up in a doser, or does it have to be refrigerated

While there are more success stories than negatives, there have been some bad experiences reported using this product. I would use it, but not in a doser. Too risky for an overdose, IMO. I imagine those who did have bad experiences misjudged the correct dose. A lot of aquarium names are not the true volume and rocks, sand, equipment all reduce tank volume. This stuff appears to be a rather aggressive bacteria strain.

While there are more success stories than negatives, there have been some bad experiences reported using this product. I would use it, but not in a doser. Too risky for an overdose, IMO. I imagine those who did have bad experiences misjudged the correct dose. A lot of aquarium names are not the true volume and rocks, sand, equipment all reduce tank volume. This stuff appears to be a rather aggressive bacteria strain.

Yea and this is why I always shoot low just to be safe. My tank is a 210... I have a 15 to 20 gallon frag tank and a good 30 gallons on my sump... So that's around 250 but I dose 20 MLS to be safe... Can always raise it later

Yea and this is why I always shoot low just to be safe. My tank is a 210... I have a 15 to 20 gallon frag tank and a good 30 gallons on my sump... So that's around 250 but I dose 20 MLS to be safe... Can always raise it later

I do as well. I guess that, as it is with anything else we put in our tanks, there is a risk of over dosing. According to the instructions, I should be dosing about 2.5ML, but only dose 1.5ML and have seen good results so far.

Yea, I've been using Vibrant for a few months, just wasn't sure if it was something I could automatically or if I had to manually dose it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lastnight marks 3 weeks using vibrant, I've been dosing 6ml every week, I haven't cleaned the tank in almost 3 weeks and there is absolutely no algae in the tank.

upload pics

Wait. How many gallons is this? It feels like 6ML is too much. I may be wrong.

Mine has 28 gallons of water volume and I am dosing 2ml a week and feeding heavy.

Just want to make sure you don't crash your tank. I will say this, it looks fantastic.

I love that I've only cleaned my glass one time since I started over 2 months ago now.

So here is my update on using Vibrant. This is my 29 gallon seahorse tank. I had really bad hair algae after the Caulerpa in the tank went sexual dumping nutrients back into the tank and leaving a void which the hair algae capitalized on. I have been using Vibrant 2x per week 3mls per dose. I have also stepped up to weekly 10% water changes. The skimmer runs 12 hours per day. I have seen a sustained reduction of algae, but you can see it has not completely eradicated it. Overall I am happy with the results and a side benefit is my glass stays clean for days. I have been using the product since November. I feed the seahorses 1-2 Mysis cubes per day so you have an idea of my nutrition input.
0897be5d57b84f78707d98366054e704.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here is my update on using Vibrant. This is my 29 gallon seahorse tank. I had really bad hair algae after the Caulerpa in the tank went sexual dumping nutrients back into the tank and leaving a void which the hair algae capitalized on. I have been using Vibrant 2x per week 3mls per dose. I have also stepped up to weekly 10% water changes. The skimmer runs 12 hours per day. I have seen a sustained reduction of algae, but you can see it has not completely eradicated it. Overall I am happy with the results and a side benefit is my glass stays clean for days. I have been using the product since November. I feed the seahorses 1-2 Mysis cubes per day so you have an idea of my nutrition input.
0897be5d57b84f78707d98366054e704.jpg

Nice tank. Amazing results for the amount of nutrients you put into the tank. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Nice tank. Amazing results for the amount of nutrients you put into the tank. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks I am going to try it on my 110 mixed reef now. A little hair algae in there too. I am interested to see if it keeps the glass maintenance schedule easier. This time I am going to take progression video and pictures to document.

Back