3gal JBJ

Is the mp10 too much current for the 3 gallon. I currently have 3 gallon deluxe form jbj and I want to add mp10 but afraid might be too much for the 5 flower anemones and two acans.

So I think I was killing off one off a coral with the LED lighting this is my first time using it and from my understanding the light is more focused then with T5 or MH so the flesh on one of my corals started to pull back on all the tips.

Last edited:
I just ordered one of these tanks! My plan was to keep the stock light/filter and just do softies. GSP, Clove Polyps, maybe a Ricordia and some Zoas. Seems like dosing in a tank this size would turn into a nightmare.

Are you running any ATO or just hand top off?

I just ordered one of these tanks! My plan was to keep the stock light/filter and just do softies. GSP, Clove Polyps, maybe a Ricordia and some Zoas. Seems like dosing in a tank this size would turn into a nightmare.

Are you running any ATO or just hand top off?

Hand top off it only needs a little each day. 1gal of ro water lasts me about 10-12 days. I don't think I will ever really need to do dosing as its very simple to do a 1.5gal water change once a week. If I was to start dosing I think a Kalkwasser drip would be all you need. I gave up on the stock filter as its just to little I think with a bigger HOB you would not even need a powerhead. The light that comes on it I think would work just fine for any soft coral

So I am kicking this guy out

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
So old light

New light

Also I have the led light set at 75% and pulled up to the front. I can now see why the corals did not like the light at first.

And trying my hand at some close up pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
And some top down so i will be able to see how much they grow

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
Have you needed to start dosing yet? How often are you doing water changes?

I got mine all set up. I'll start a thread on it soon. I now understand about the stock filter, upgraded to an AquaClear 20 already!

Have you needed to start dosing yet? How often are you doing water changes?

I got mine all set up. I'll start a thread on it soon. I now understand about the stock filter, upgraded to an AquaClear 20 already!

Water changes once a week 2ish gal of water and no need to dose yet as of right now my cal and alk only fall by about 25 points from what they start off with.

Back