4 outdoor Salt Aquariums Recirculation Treatment Design Question

lvega2020

I'm inquiring regarding the life support system for 4 aquariums with volumes 10,000(Nearshore-NS)- 16,000 (Mangrove-MG) - 20,000(Deep reef- DR) and 32,000 (Shipwreck-SW) gallons. they are seawater aquariums. we are near the coast and the water is directly extracted from the ocean with a flow rate of 400 GPM. I'm trying to figure out the recirculation treatment for the tanks. Currently, there is no recirculation treatment because the water is flowing in and out at the same time. Before the water goes to the tank it flows through a sand filtration, a UV disinfectant, and an air-cooled chiller to regulate the temperature. We want to improve the water quality by implementing protein skimmers and trickle filters. The 10,000 and 16,000-gallon tanks are next to each other. same with the 20,000 and 32,000 gallons. we are planning to get in total of 2 protein skimmers and 2 trickle filters, 1 for each set. We are planning to have a turnover of 45 min for each tank, my question is if the TOR will be enough for this setting. the water will first flow through the protein skimmer then through the trickle filter and finally back to the tank. I need help with the pipe sizing necessary for this treatment, the pumps and is it required to have a basin for the 4 tanks to keep the water clean?? please Help.
1706654373468.png
1706654393029.png

Back