40 Gal Breeder Aquascape

RecSeven

My first attempt at making my own aquascape. My goal is lots of caves and easy placements for coral. First timer here so I would appreciate any feedback!
20220712_204648.jpg
20220712_204805.jpg
20220712_204820.jpg

Looks really good. I like the foreground/background placement, and in a 40 long, the height is good, too. A nitpick, but for a 40 tall, maybe the rock could go higher? What did you use to connect/glue the rock?

It's actually just balanced together right now. Didn't want to fully commit to the glue yet in case I overlooked something lol. I plan on using the super glue from BRS and I have some gorilla glue if it's safe to use.

It's actually just balanced together right now. Didn't want to fully commit to the glue yet in case I overlooked something lol. I plan on using the super glue from BRS and I have some gorilla glue if it's safe to use.
Looks good to me, seems spaced nicely for good flow, appears to be far enough away from the glass for easy maintenance.
Some hiding spots, good swim space.

I used a crazy glue gel (BRS) as a dollop, maybe the size of a dime or quarter, to bind together.
Some use 2 part expo, but for me, not nearly as strong as crazy glue.

In the future, once corals added, won’t matter much as they change the scape somewhat.

Good luck, nice start, get that baby cooking.

Thanks for the info! I do plan on making sure my cleaning tools will fit once I place it all in the tank. I think I will start gluing it together, good to know the crazy glue will work!

With crazy glue gel, I put the dollop on, submerse in water (like in a bucket), for 30 seconds, then place the rock.
The water creates a “skin” on the glue so it can’t shed in your DT.

It looks really good. My only critique and it’s personal preference is on my newer scapes I try to leave enough room to clean the algae and what not from the glass on the sides

100% on this! Also, remember your corals will grow out as well, making cleaning and vacuuming tough without planning.

Back