45g SPS cube -- Couple Pics

Rakie

Couple more pictures -- I like to throw some pics up here once in a blue moon as this is definitely a nano sized cube.

I can never get this ridge in focus completely. Or partially sometimes!

IMG_0002.jpg

On the Rack

IMG_0003_1.jpg

Pink table with Red polyps

IMG_0007%201.jpg

Another red table with mille like PE

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Garf Bonsai

IMG_0019.jpg

Pro Corals Superman Table

IMG_0020_1.jpg

My broken Wrasse, finally still for just long enough.. She's recovering still and improving. She may end up being 100% after all.

IMG_0027_2.jpg

Looking real good man! Thanks for posting in here. I've been a ghost recently, baby came Friday, so I'm just glad my tank is on self-maintenance mode for the most part. Can't wait to see the tank grow out!

Looking real good man! Thanks for posting in here. I've been a ghost recently, baby came Friday, so I'm just glad my tank is on self-maintenance mode for the most part. Can't wait to see the tank grow out!

Congrats! Just look at the ATO once in awhile and throw food at it and all will be fine lol.

And thanks, everything is starting to come along. I actually dosed phosphates and colors improved overnight. Starving doesn't suit acros

may i ask what lights you're running? im a big fan of that mille, btw :)

6x24 T5 -- I want to add an actinic blue LED strip for some more pop.

Bulbs are: 3 Blue +, 2 Coral +, 1 Actinic. Nice balanced look. A little blue, not too blue. If I had 8 bulbs I'd either add an ABS/GE 6500, or ABS/Purple +

There's 5 mille in this pic

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Congrats! Just look at the ATO once in awhile and throw food at it and all will be fine lol.

And thanks, everything is starting to come along. I actually dosed phosphates and colors improved overnight. Starving doesn't suit acros

Yea, that's a good reminder to check the ATO. The good thing is that I refilled all of my extra reservoirs before the baby came, and it's still easy enough to throw in a dime-sized piece of mysis every other day.

Ya know... I'd love to let my nutrients float up... but as soon as I did, I got GHA on my torch and more bubble algae than ever, which are both somewhat subsiding after about 2 weeks of vodka dosing. I have the marinepure blocks in the back, so if anything, my phosphates should be higher than nitrates in whatever their natural ratio is...

I'm also still cleaning the glass daily or every other day, but it's still thick enough that I feel the nutrients could be lower. I'm also dosing the 4 aquaforest main items on top of two part dosing, so I'm sure there's some phosphate in there somewhere....

Ya know... I'd love to let my nutrients float up... but as soon as I did, I got GHA on my torch and more bubble algae than ever, which are both somewhat subsiding after about 2 weeks of vodka dosing. I have the marinepure blocks in the back, so if anything, my phosphates should be higher than nitrates in whatever their natural ratio is...

I'm also still cleaning the glass daily or every other day, but it's still thick enough that I feel the nutrients could be lower. I'm also dosing the 4 aquaforest main items on top of two part dosing, so I'm sure there's some phosphate in there somewhere....

I dose phosphates. I have no algae's other than that green hue which grew on my rocks in November.

My tank clears 5ppm no3 and .05 po4 in 2-4 days. I don't really have algae, but I noticed once I started dosing phosphates the algae on my glass is almost nonexistent. The few people who dose phosphates report the same thing -- po4 seems to slow algae growth on the glass.

I don't think there are any rules in this game my friend. Everything I've been told I couldn't do or shouldn't do has worked out just fine.

"Kick it and see what happens" is a pretty fine testing model all things considered :D

Back