55 gallon stocking ideas

poiuy678

Hi, I'm planning to stock my 55 gallon soon and I want some ideas for the stocking list

These are the fish/invertebrates that I want for certainty : 2 ocellaris clownfish, 1 hector's goby (I will add after the sandbed is more "established"), 1 red firefish, 1 cleaner shrimp, and cuc (mix of various snails/blue leg hermit crabs).

I'm also planning on turning the tank into a reef tank with a mix of soft corals and LPS corals (mushrooms, hammer, torch, pulsing xenia, etc)

Any suggestions with any fish that would go well with the fish I want above? Also are there any "unique" fish that's not generally common to see that would be compatible with the fish I'm planning to get? Would love to have something that people don't usually see.

I’m a big fan of Basslets / Pseudochromis in a reef tank. There’s a huge variety and some are rare (read expensive) in the hobby.

Well, a fuzzy dwarf lionfish might be compatible, but it might also eat everything in the tank and would kill your shrimp…maybe a invert of some type?
You could maybe do a pipefish or sturdy seahorse, but the clowns might be too much.

You could also take two mollies, acclimate them to saltwater with drip, and add them, that’s definitely weird in saltwater. Plus, they’ll clean algae off your aquarium.

Last edited:
Back