6 bulb t5 question

jaylensdad06

I know there r alot of posts on here about bulb selection..and I've read a few. I want to see thoughts on my light schedule. I have 6 bulb 48inch fixture on a 120. 4x2x2. The fixture has 2 channels. 2 on 1 and 4 on the other. I have 4 blue plus 1 coral plus and 1 purple plus. Schedule 2 blue plus on at 10am till 10pm and the rest come on at 1 till 7. So 12 hr 2 bulb blue plus..and 6 hr coral plus purple plus n blue pluses. Should I take 1 blue plus on channel 1 and put the purple plus instead? So it would be channel 1 blue + and purple+ channel 2 3 blue+ 1 coral plus? Or is that too blue?

Try it out and see if you like the look. I had purple plus and blue plus together on a 4 bulb a while ago and I didn't like the look at all.

For what it's worth, I have the same exact bulbs that you're running now in my 6 bulb set up.

I have an 8 bulb and really like the look of 1 blue+ and 1 actinic for the sunrise/sunset. Like it was said above, try any combo you think looks good to you. All the ATI bulbs are supposed to be able to grow corals.

I was thinking of adding a aqua blue special to the quote on quote white channel...I heard tell color is really white....but it is the closest to Full spectrum u can get in a t5. Plus most of the time my whites r off by the time iget home so the color wouldn't be to bad for me...as long as the coral likes it....I don't have many corals to begin with....

For what is worth. This was taken under a 6x54w T5 light fixture, running (1) ATI Purple Plus (1) ATI Actinic (1) ATI 10K (3) ATI Blue Plus. I cant quite remember the order they are placed in the fixture at the moment, but I thought it might help you out.

I tried an Aquablue special and found it a little harsh for my taste. It did add some brightness to the fish but was too intense. I switched it out for a coral +.

For what is worth. This was taken under a 6x54w T5 light fixture, running (1) ATI Purple Plus (1) ATI Actinic (1) ATI 10K (3) ATI Blue Plus. I cant quite remember the order they are placed in the fixture at the moment, but I thought it might help you out.

i don't recall seeing they made a 10 k bulb? Are u talking about the aqua blue special?

Roger

If anyone has ever visited World Wide Corals in Orlando, their 450 gallon display tank is running with two banks or 5 ATI T5's and Blue Leds Strips.

The ATI's are:

4 Blue Plus
1 Coral Plus
Led Strips

They also have other smaller display tanks only consisting of one coral plus and multiple blue plus.

At first you would think this would be too blue, but also keep in mind they are chalice and zoa heavy in this tank with some SPS.

Everything looks vibrant and healthy.

This has influenced me in my 8 bulb ATI Sunpower Fixture.

I run from Front to back:

60 inch LED Strip Reef Brite Blue XHO
Blue Plus
Blue Plus
Actinic
Coral Plus
Blue Plus
Actinic
Blue Plus
Blue Plus

My algae has gone down and my 100% SPS is still growing well. Slower, but much more colorful.

I believe coral health is more influenced by water quality.

I stopped running Activated Carbon for a while and my SPS was looking terrible.

I have a 350 total water volume and run a cup on ROX 8.0 and replace every two weeks, SPS looking a lot better.

Granted some SPS would possibly appreciate a "whiter" kelvin, however I am happy with this look.

If PAR or equivalent photoperiod exposure stay the same, does Kelvin even matter?

i don't recall seeing they made a 10 k bulb? Are u talking about the aqua blue special?

Roger

Yes Roger, that's what I meant...

Back