6 line wrasse

loudell

Can I put several 6 line wrasse in the same tank? It does have live rock but it's only about 12 gallons.
I have 1 and I really like the little guy.

I wouldn't put any type of wrasse with the 6 line in that size tank.

I wouldn't put any other type of fish period in that tank, much less another wrasse. 6-lines often get very aggressive. In a tank that small, you can count on that being an issue.

+1 with everything said here. I love the 6-line wrasse, but they really can be little bastards!! Stick with the one... Sadly, IMO, you should have introduced him last... I imagine anything that goes into your tank now is going to have a fight on it's hands.

-RYknow

12 gallon..you can have 1 clown OR 1 goby, I'd leave it at that. Add a shrimp and some snails and crabs..call it a day

I had a juvi clownfish and sixline wrasse in my shallow tank and the clownfish attacked the wrasse but he never got aggressive but only defended back. I lost the sixline though not seen him and I have a feeling he has jumped as I have an open top, but no where to be seen. I have a feeling the cat has taken him after he came out of the tank.

I am sorting something out now for the top but I love the way they swim so I would get another one if I got a higher tank.

I have found that when I get a new inhabitant that thrives I always want another, or many others. LOL. It is a logical train of thought, "if one does well than others will do just as well or better!". Unfortunately in my experience the truth is almost the complete opposite. Let's take something as simple as a turbo snail; if the turbo does well and is happy and then you add several more, now you have the same amount of food (algae) and several animals competing for the same limited resource. I have found that if I add too many turbos they will starve :)

Obviously you don't have to worry about your six lines starving, but they will all be competing for hiding places and the natural pod population.

Sixlines are great fish if you don't plan on having many fish or ANY peaceful fish. I have a yellow corris and a yellowfin flasher in my 20 long and I will add a mystery, female yellowfin, mcosker's flasher and maybe a cleaner when my 120 is running.... Peaceful wrasses rock!

Back