6255 with the Smart Controller 7000 compatibility?

alco11

Hey all,

I need a controller for my 2 x 6255. They're currently being controlled by the 7096 controller, but this controller is now broken.

I was looking onto buying the 7000, but all the video introductions show Tunze's newer wave makers with their individual controllers being plugged into the 7000.

I don't have the individual controllers, and before I commit buy the 7000, I just wanted to find out if I can plug my 2 x 6255 straight into the 7000 and control them via the 7000, or are the individual controllers also required to be plugged into the 7000?

Hoping someone might have the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it will work with only a couple caveats.

The 7090 incorporates a diode to prevent the backfeed of current from other devices, each port on the 7000 is a 3 in one port, in a daisy chain you can connect a switched outlet or solenoid, a pump and an led in that order, you can also connect any single one of those devices. If you will daisy chain other devices it is strongly recommended that a 7090.500 retrofit controller be added between the 7000 and the pump to protect the devices in the chain including the pump.

The speed control signal changed from 0-8V to 0-6.5V with the addition of the 7090, the newer controllers 7090, 7097 and 7000 use this 0-6.5V signal, it will work but speeds may not be accurate, in general the 7090 serves as a bridge and can be calibrated to correct this signal, I doubt you will see any issues as old pump to new controller is less problematic than new controller to old pump, but a 7090.500 would allow a calibration to correct any differences in set speed vs real speed.

Back