900 TDS before RO/DI

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12912995#post12912995 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gregsgsr
I have been doing test with different ro/di units and tds of water. If you are under 100 tds you should be just fine the diatom algae might be from the lights or if it is a new tank. I would get a clean up crew and not stress it. If you are that concerned try and by different water and test the tds. you might fined it easier just to purchase the water.

Under 100 is just fine? are u sure man?

People here are saying that even a reading of 5 TDS is not recommended.

You cannot make a blanket statement like "under 100 TDS you should be fine". TDS is not an analytical measurement of anything in particular, you have absolutely no idea what that 100 is made up of. Its foolish to think otherwise. If you have a reading of 100 you very probably have much more than that as some contaminates are weakly ionized and may not even register on a TDS meter such as phosphates, forms of amomnia and silicates.

Stick with 0 TDS and you have a fighting chance.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12917819#post12917819 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AZDesertRat
You cannot make a blanket statement like "under 100 TDS you should be fine". TDS is not an analytical measurement of anything in particular, you have absolutely no idea what that 100 is made up of. Its foolish to think otherwise. If you have a reading of 100 you very probably have much more than that as some contaminates are weakly ionized and may not even register on a TDS meter such as phosphates, forms of amomnia and silicates.

Stick with 0 TDS and you have a fighting chance.

Lets say my sister who lives in LA will send me the
Spectrapure MaxCap UHE Ultra-High Efficiency 5-Stage 100GPD RO/DI System

Can I be 100% sure my TDS readings will be 0 ?

More sure than with any other RO/DI on the market. My TDS is 835, with RO only before DI the TDS is between 5.3 and 6.2, yes that is 5 to 6, and after DI its 0. The MaxCap DI cartridge is lasting well over 800 gallons per cartridge and the SilicaBuster final DI lasts somewhere over 2500 gallons, I have not exhausted one yet in over 18 months of heavy use.
Thats an RO only efficiency of better than 99.2% rejection from the individually hand tested and guaranteed 98+% rejection rate membrane which no one else offers.

its pure awesome... I dont run the maxcap or UHE systems, but I am also using the spectrapure 98+% membrane, and I am also using both the MaxCap DI resin, and the SB resin to finish it off.

So far my membrane is putting out 0 tds from ~130 tap. So I haven't even really started using up my DI resins yet :) I expect that I wont have to change my SilicaBuster resin for years.

All of it was recommended to me by AZD. Just letting you know it might be more cost effective to just buy new membranes/resins and putting them in your current system, rather than buying a whole new RO system.

adding a second DI cartridge is by FAR the easiest DIY to ever exist IMO.

but if your kent DI system already has 2 cartridges for DI, then you are set!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12920961#post12920961 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RyanBrucks
its pure awesome... I dont run the maxcap or UHE systems, but I am also using the spectrapure 98+% membrane, and I am also using both the MaxCap DI resin, and the SB resin to finish it off.

So far my membrane is putting out 0 tds from ~130 tap. So I haven't even really started using up my DI resins yet :) I expect that I wont have to change my SilicaBuster resin for years.

All of it was recommended to me by AZD. Just letting you know it might be more cost effective to just buy new membranes/resins and putting them in your current system, rather than buying a whole new RO system.

adding a second DI cartridge is by FAR the easiest DIY to ever exist IMO.

but if your kent DI system already has 2 cartridges for DI, then you are set!

Wow,living with ~130 tap - I can only dream of that day...

Back