93G Starphire cube, 55H RR TruVu, SWC 160, lots FS (tank teardown)

Macroach

Well, the time has come to move (locally), and I am not sure I am taking my setup with me, so I am offering the following for sale:

Livestock (needs to go first):

Anemone - sort of rose tipped, not bubbled though. Similar from the ones that used to be brought to the meetings (from what I am told). Free to anyone who is good at removing anemones from rocks without damaging them.

50+ pounds of live rock, no apparent pests.

Nice rock with Purple death,Tyree green toadstool (large), and some small eagle eyes on it. Also had the anemone if you want to move all of it together. $15

40+ Orangeish zoa/paly. $10
30+ Tubbs Blue. $15
Light green candy cane (2 head) $5
Large torch, 4-5 heads? $20
Frogspawn, small $5
Fire and Ice, small, 4 polyp $10
True AoG, 20+ polyp $20

All corals listed for $85 (including the ones on the rock)

Clownfish, good sized black and white: $15

Clownfish, ORA Picasso. He was bought at YR, the last one he had in stock. He is just now getting his black marking filled in. He was all orange and white (and small) when I got him. He was the last one that John had, so he is probably not the pick of the Picasso litter. $25

Fire shrimp $10

Cleaner shrimp $5

Emerald crab, large - free if we can find him

Six-line Wrasse, Bicolor dottyback, lawnmower blenny - Free to good home, but you have to take all three (feel free to donate to others later)-- pending to pinoytoitz

Assorted snails, free - some astrea, a few others.

All livestock and 50+ pounds of rock for $120. (Especially if you are good at catching fish)

Hardware:

1. 93 Gallon LeeMar Cube, Starphire on 3 sides, drilled for CL with custom sound-proofed stand. I bought this from BucketBoy and never had the chance to set it up. All I did was scrape off some of the coralline and I removed the black scotch 88 tape that was around the top. It is Eurobraced and without the tape, there is no black rim around the top. The link to his original FS post is here:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2049123

I bought about $80 worth of bulkhead fittings from Savko and lots of PVC from the big box stores, so I am asking →$430 for the whole setup.

2. SWC 160 cone skimmer. In great shape – the original owner said he never had the restart problems with the pump that some of these have. I gave it a vinegar bath, so it might need some break-in time. → $190
3. Euro Reef skimmer with Sedra 5000 pump. Ugly, but it works. -> $25
4. Tunze 6045 – Brand new never seen water, titanium shaft with flow controller on shroud. --> $50
5. Lumenmax elite, with lumenmax ballast. I bought from whitepines1 and I am just not going to use it. Mogul. --> $90
6. TLF Phosphate reactor, phosban 150, with maxijet 1200. Bought the maxijet new a few months ago. $25

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware/items that are not for sale until all livestock is gone:

1. MP-10 ES. No wireless. Plenty of coralline, works fine. Only a few months old. →$135

2. Koralia 1400, and Koralia 2. $20

3. 36" Coralife aqualight pro, 250W MH, with PC actinic. Also has spare PC bulbs, and spare 10K 250W lamp. Current Phoenix 14K bulb was used 4.5 hours/day since July 19, 2011. $170

4. TruVu Reef ready 55H tank with TruVu sump and stand. Tank will need some buffing (as all acrylic tanks tend to do.) Will include the Rio 2500+ return pump. This clearly has to go last. $55

5. ELOS test kits: pH, phosphates, Mg (used once), kH alkalinity, $15 for all

6. Frozen food - probably 2 cube packs of mysis, a 2/3 full flat pack, formula 1 and 2 frozen, Cyclop-EEze, Rotifers. $20 for all

7. Dry food - Hikari, Formula 1 and 2, Ocean nutrition - 2 sizes of pellets, large container of flakes, some prime reef flakes. $20 for all

8. RO/DI with TDS meter. Water and Ice Typhoon. Just bought from Kim and it works great. Will include a Mighty Mite as backup as well. $70 -- pending to Gene

9. Almost new bucket of Reef crystals. Used for one 5 gallon bucket. $20 --pending to pinoytoitz

10. Large Mg, reef builder, some other chems $15 total

PMs might fill up, so you can also email at jonroachell@yahoo.com. I work this weekend, but can meet evenings (after 6) Fri, Sat, Sun,Mon, or anytime on Tuesday - the following Monday. Located a couple miles north of Laguna and Franklin in Elk Grove

Last edited:
Ok, so now I know why I shouldn't make one big FS post ... thought I could edit things pending/sold :/

At any rate, MP10 pending to Curtis after TruVu sold, have one in line to see the TruVu and the 93G cube, will probably copy update the original post with current availability for the next couple of nights.

So far this is what I have reserved for people. I am at work, so apologies for being slow to read the PMs/emails. I am attempting to keep them in order.

Items pending:

Saturday night

Picasso clown
Rock with anemone / toadstool, koralias, Truvu setup (buyer to inspect for future pickup), test kits, phosban 150

Sunday night

Reef crystals, free fish listed
Leemar 93 cube setup (prospective buyer to take a look)
Orange zoas, Tubbs blue, Fire/Ice, AoG, both shrimp

-- Pending to people with no time set up yet:

Candy cane, torch, frogspawn, MP-10, RODI

Latest update: Everything listed is available except:

Picasso clown (sold)
Candy cane (sold)

Pending items to be picked up Sunday night:

Rock with anemone / toadstool, koralias, Truvu setup (buyer to inspect for future pickup), test kits, phosban 150

Reef crystals, free fish listed

Leemar 93 cube setup (prospective buyer to take a look)

Orange zoas, Tubbs blue, Fire/Ice, AoG, both the fire and cleaner shrimp

-- Pending to people with no time set up yet:

MP-10, RODI

Back