95% of it is dead.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12854090#post12854090 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kraylen
Any help you need with anything hit me up man.

Thanks for the offer man.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12854151#post12854151 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aztbs
I can get you a slimer frag at least as big as the one you lost. Just let me know when you are ready for it. Probably some other stuff too.

Thanks for the offer Tiff. I will keep you in mind.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12854179#post12854179 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hermanx7
Sorry man, Same crap happen to me on my move. Dont keep that much sps now.

Thats sucks. I lost that purple polyped monti that i got from you in the move.

echo the same sentiments as everyone else. total bummer.
All the luck in rebuilding, I'm sure the tank will be looking awesome again in no time.

Thank you again every one for the offers. I dont want to be greedy, there is only a hand full of pieces that i want back. I am going to take Jesse up on the offer. If he doesnt have a piece to replace the piece i lost and that i am looking for, then i will hit you up to see if you do.

Let me know the ones you bought from me and I will replace them. It sucks to lose them like that but with everyone on here you should be able to get them replaced in no time...

LMK,
Nick

know you said you followed melevs recoms

but what do you think may have been the reason for the loss and what could have been done differently?

regards

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12855160#post12855160 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SHARKBAITNC
Let me know the ones you bought from me and I will replace them. It sucks to lose them like that but with everyone on here you should be able to get them replaced in no time...

LMK,
Nick

Thanks Nick. I will PM you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12855274#post12855274 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WarrenAmy&Maddy
know you said you followed melevs recoms

but what do you think may have been the reason for the loss and what could have been done differently?

regards

Possibly temp and PH. I matched both with the make up water. After i filled my tank i noticed my PH dropped to 7.6. Temp was normal.

I also think it snow balled. When i went to bed every thing looked decent. The next day things began to look worse and the smell got worse. I kept up with testing and water changes but there is only so much you can do.

Last edited:
Matt, I am so sorry. It so sucks!!

My thought is that somewhere in the move, water quality took a big dive. Watch it for sure and I would wait awhile before putting anything in there. jmo

I have your green digi so if ya want to restock that, LMK. Or any others you have gotten from me.

You'll bounce back in no time.

You might want to take out all the dead sps too, it just poisons the water if there is still death on them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12855307#post12855307 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by badfish
Thanks Nick. I will PM you.

Possibly temp and PH. I matched both with the make up water. After i filled my tank i noticed my PH dropped to 7.6. Temp was normal.

I also think it snow balled. When i went to bed every thing looked decent. The next day things began to look worse and the smell got worse. I kept up with testing and water changes but there is only so much you can do.

i take it very personally whenever have lost livestock so could imagine how you must feel.

we were thinking about moving our reef over to an office a year or so ago (would have been a nice waiting room in medical office!)... but later decided against it... but at that time thought the best thing would be to move/store all the corals over at a friends house until the system was moved and parameters were within normal limits... dont know what melev recom but still think that for in town moves this might be the safest way to go (???).

good luck in getting everything set back up again.

regards

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12877133#post12877133 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hotwired99
Sorry to hear about the loss man. That sucks. When are you going to get the big tank up and running?

I dont know. Its going to take a while to piece it together.

Before the move:
pics029.jpg

Right after the move:
death003.jpg

And now!
pics003.jpg

I would like to thank Jesse and Melissa for all the frags and getting my tank looking good again. Hell, It looks better than before. I cant express my gratitude enough. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Here are some of the close ups:

pics005.jpg

pics006.jpg

pics007.jpg

pics008.jpg

pics010.jpg

pics011.jpg

pics012.jpg

pics013.jpg

pics015.jpg

pics021.jpg

After seeing their tank i think i will have to switch to 12k's.

Very cool, when are you having me over for dinner in the new place? :D

Glad to see you got the tank back up so quickly!

Back