A few announcements

romanr

Alright, I have a few announcements.
1) We have set a date for our December meeting
2) I have been contacted by the Ocala Star Banner who wants me to tell them more about the club. Hopefully this will turn into some added publicity for MORE. Look for more information regarding both of these things in the next couple of days.

Also wanting to know the date so that I can try to make it.

That's great about the newspaper! Great work Raul.

-Ed

Sunday, December 12th, 3pm @ Jim Fitzpatric's house. I will be putting up a Facebook event with more information tonight. I will also follow up here with the same information.

Hey I might be able to make this one...I am assuming that these meetings are open to the public and not member only?

Hey I might be able to make this one...I am assuming that these meetings are open to the public and not member only?

Cool hope you can make it. Yes it's open to the public and this will be a good one to make. Hopefully the info will be up here soon on the details.

I've started a new thread about our December meeting. And yes all of our meetings are opened to the public.

Update on Star Banner:

I was again contacted by Susan Carr from the Star Banner and she asked to come over to my house today to find out more about the club. She came at around 10am and brought a photographer with her. The photographer took pictures and video of my tank and asked me to talk about the club for a video he shot. The reporter then sat with me and asked me all sorts of questions about the club, how many members, when we meet, etc.

I talked about how the club got started and some other club information and statistics. The meeting covered a lot of areas, I talked about our members, our sponsors, what we do at our club meetings and how we interact on Facebook and Reefcentral. I also talked about some of the basics of keeping a reef tank. I mentioned of our Christmas meeting and told her how more info could be attained on our Facebook page or by calling or visiting our LFS sponsors.

The reported said that a story would likely run about the club in the next week or two.

I really think this has the potential to get us some serious free exposure.

Back