absolutely great customer service, thumbs way up

we_want_Nemo

Well here's my story.

I've received my second shipment at the beginning of the year.

The airline left the packages outside at 5 degrees for almost 4 hours!

I knew, I was in trouble with the rock being outside for that long. And I did water tests twice a day ... to make sure I catch the ammonia spike right away.
Well, the ammonia never went over 0.25! So I was trying to be patient. Even so all the sponges in the tank started dying after about 4 days.
Still no ammonia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long story short ... after 1 week almost nothing was left alive in the tank ... ammonia still at 0.25!
I finally figured out, that something must be wrong here (with a little help from Mary) and I took my water to the LFS to be tested.

I'm sure you guessed it already ... way over 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The color didn't even exist on the color chart!

Needless to say, I cried the whole way home from the LFS ... How stupid did I feel, I tested my water twice a day ... and relied on a broken test kit (brand new Salifert!!!!!)

After trying to safe the tank for over a week, with a 25 - 30 gallon daily water change (ask me about my sore muscles), and ammonia still over 5(!) every day, I told Richard my dilemma and now it comes
quote Richard "just dump the new rock, let the tank come down, and I'll reship the second part!"

I got my second, second shipment last Wednesday ... and my tank is looking SWEET !!
We even got an extra brittle star, an urchin, and tons of porcelan crabs as new hitchhikers.
Also a mantis, but he's already history!!! ;)

This customer service of Richard and TBS goes well beyond anything I would have imagined ... and they deserve both thumbs way up!

By the way, I'll try to post some pics later
thanks Richard

Manuela

There's no doubt that the quality product and service provided by TBS makes it worth the money. TBS gives you more than you pay for, which is why I ended up buying my LR and LS from TBS instead of closer to home. That many satisfied customers can't be wrong.

Saw your pics on the other page Manuela and it looks great. Congrats!

I like your setup too :)

I too found Richard, Mary and Mark are super wonderful people running a honest business.

They are very Generous with their knowledge, time and product.

they are the ones that make your family's reef so wonderful.

... and ours too!!

Back