AC3 connection issues

jmaneyapanda

Commencing hatred
I have suddenly had some connectivity issues. I have been able to access my AC3 from both my home network (with the internal ip), as well as externally for approximately 3 or 4 months, no issue. However, all of the sudden, it wont connect externally. While at home, I can connect easily, but once away from the range of my home wi-fi, and using the external ip, the thing just will not connect.

I have reset my router modem, and looked through it, but am unable to find out what has happened. I checked www.whatismyip.com, to ensure my ip had not been changed by my isp, and it has not.

When I look at the net setup on my aquanotes, it indicated the dchp is disabled, and Im not sure if its supposed to be or not.

Can anyone help me? Im a computer reject.

Anyone have any ideas?

I contacted Curt, and he suggested I try a different port, in case my ISP closed port 80. I tried 81, and it has the same result- I can connect locally, but not externally.

Verify that the AC3 has the proper default gateway / default router address... it should be that same as the inside (LAN) address of your router. And also that the AC3 and the router both have the same subnet mask (usually 255.255.255.0).

If evenrything is in order there, then try a higher port - something randomly picked that is >1026.

If that doesn't work, post a screen shot of your router's LAN port configuration page and the port forwarding configuration page, and and the output of 'ipconfig /all' from a PC.

Default gateway is correct, as is the subnet.

Ive switched to port 1122, so Ill see how that goes today. It did work fine in house, but we'll see from out of range.

How do I take a screen capture?

OK, heres a little more info, plus the screen shots that were asked.

I have been having much trouble with m,y dsl and telephone, and it was suddenly resolved today when I arrived home from work. However, my ip has changed. Regradless, I still cant get it to work.

Here are the pics:

portforwrading.jpg

netsetup.jpg

I'm a bit confused... you accessed the Actiontec on 192.168.0.1, but the Belkin router is 192.168.2.1. Did you switch routers?

Regardless, it's now working... :) I just got AC3 web server and telnet login prompts on your external IP address.

Yeah, I had the ISP guys come over. I was also having some issues with my phone (which is also provided by my isp), and thats the ip he typed to get the router. I typed the other, and they go to the same place?? Regardless, they did "something", and it changed my ip, and resolved all my issues, and suddenly it worked. So, it was something my isp screwed up.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it!! Thanks RussM.

Back