AC3 - Dosing Code Inquiry

blakers82

Greetings,

I posted in another thread, but I wanted to start a specific one for my code

Here's a brief description of my setup...I have a 150 gal SPS heavy that I just moved over to 3 part dosing (BRS) from a calcium reactor. I'd like to run soda ash for my alkalinity booster in small doses (OSC) ONLY when my display lights are OFF. I also figured I'd run calcium solution on oscillation mostly during the "day" or when my lights are ON. Mag is such a small dose that I'll just run that 24/7.

(I would take any advice on actual dosing regimen although I understand this is not the proper forum for that. I'm starting at roughly 80ml/day Calcium, 40ml/day alk, and 15ml/day mag. I grabbed some of these numbers from a friends's same sized SPS tank, although I realize my levels might end up much different. )

Anyways...Here is my current code which has my dosers on OSC 24/7. I know that there are a number of devices I no longer use (UVL = UV Light) but I'm leaving them on there unless they hinder the other code. I'd like to erase some of these devices form my Timer list, but I'm having issues with Aquanotes...see http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2230174 for more details.

Anyways, can I get some help on AC3 programming for these dosers??

Thanks in advance!

Timers

MHR$-A01
MHL$-A02
NON%-A03
ALK%-A04
RTN#-A05
SKM%-A06
T5S$-A07
CAL%-A08
MXJ%-B01
ATO&-B02
HT2%-B03
MAG%-B04
FAN%-B05
UVL$-B06
LIT$-B07
KLK&-B08
ALM&-B09
PM1#-C01
PM2#-C02
OZN&-C03
CHL%-C04
CO2&-C08
HT1%-C07
MIX#-C06

Program

If Time > 00:00 Then RTN ON
If Time > 00:00 Then SKM ON
If Time > 00:00 Then FAN ON
If Time > 00:00 Then UVL ON
If Time > 00:00 Then MIX ON
Max Change 015 M Then MHR OFF
Max Change 015 M Then MHL OFF
If Power 002 Then SKM OFF
If Time > 23:00 Then MHR ON
If Time > 04:30 Then MHR OFF
If Power 010 Then MHR OFF
If Time > 22:30 Then MHL ON
If Time > 04:00 Then MHL OFF
If Power 012 Then MHL OFF
If Time > 19:30 Then T5S ON
If Time > 05:30 Then T5S OFF
If Time > 19:00 Then LIT ON
If Time > 06:00 Then LIT OFF
If Time > 03:00 Then ATO ON
If Time > 16:30 Then ATO OFF
If Temp > 78.8 Then FAN ON
If Temp < 78.8 Then FAN OFF
If Temp < 77.8 Then HT2 ON
If Temp > 77.8 Then HT2 OFF
If Temp < 77.8 Then HT1 ON
If Temp > 77.8 Then HT1 OFF
If Time > 00:00 Then KLK OFF
If Time > 04:00 Then KLK ON
If Time > 04:59 Then KLK OFF
If Time > 10:00 Then KLK ON
If Time > 11:15 Then KLK OFF
OSC 002/058 ON/OFF Then ALK ON
OSC 003/057 ON/OFF Then CAL ON
If pH > 08.20 Then ALK OFF
OSC 001/048 ON/OFF Then MAG ON

If FeedA 000 Then ALK OFF
If FeedA 000 Then PM2 OFF
If FeedA 000 Then RTN OFF
If FeedA 002 Then SKM OFF
If FeedB 000 Then RTN OFF
If FeedB 030 Then SKM OFF
If FeedC 000 Then CHL OFF
If FeedC 000 Then PM2 OFF
If FeedC 000 Then RTN OFF
If FeedC 002 Then SKM OFF
If FeedC 010 Then FAN OFF
If ORP < 365 Then OZN ON
If ORP > 385 Then OZN OFF
If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF
If pH > 08.35 Then ALM ON
If pH < 07.70 Then ALM ON
If pH2 < 06.50 Then ALM ON
If Temp < 76.0 Then ALM ON
If Temp > 81.0 Then ALM ON

Last edited:
I don't have any direct experience with the AC series controllers, but the basic principle is the same as for Apex. You would just need to add a couple lines following the highlighted code to turn off the ALK and CAL timers when not needed. The AC series uses the If Timer XXX syntax, so I believe the following would work:

If Timer MHR = ON Then ALK OFF
If Timer MHR = OFF Then CAL OFF

Todd

Thanks for the response, Todd! Unfortunately, the program mode doesn't appear to like that code. Any other ideas??

No. The ap says it's saving the changes and then I look down at the code to see it has not changed. It seems there may be some protocol I'm missing when trying to change (whether adding or deleting) certain code.?.?

For example...My Timer's code currently has "MXJ%-B01" in it for a Maxijet that is plugged into the first outlet of my second DC8, but every time I try to add a direction in Program mode such as "If Time > 00:00 Then MXJ ON", the prompt comes up and says it's backing up my changes. I then look down to see it is not in my program code. It also doesn't even show up in the Outlets folder, effectively canceling any use of this outlet.

I used to be able to control this MXJ outlet, but now I'm not sure how to activate it. What am I'm missing here? Any other thoughts?

Thanks again.

You said app...Are you using the Aquanotes app? If so which one? Android or iOS? If you are using an app, have you tried with a real computer?

Yes, I'm using iOS Aquanotes app. Unfortunately, I've lost my information I had to log in from my computer and can't seem to get on. Can someone help with this?

You don't know the username and/or password? Look them up by using the menu on the controller. You can change them there too if so desired.

You don't know the username and/or password? Look them up by using the menu on the controller. You can change them there too if so desired.

Actually, I'm having a brainfart on how to get to that step on my computer. I first need to get into my router, yes? I don't even have that information. :headwallblue: Please walk me through some steps.

I can go to my Aquanotes app to find my Host, Port, User, and Password info. I'm actually scared to mess with the AC3 itself. That should be the same, info yes? I'm honestly scared to mess with the controller itself because of the limited button control, especially when changing information. I always end up not knowing how to exit something once I've finished typing and inevitably it keys in more letters or numerals than I want and then I'm not sure what it is...

I believe I know my user and password info. (EDIT: I know it.)

My host is myaciii.dyndns.org

My Port is 5000

What might I do next?

Do you know the IP adress of the AC3? If not, you need to brave the menu and look it up. Then hit that IP address with your browser. Or, you could try http://aqua

I had it saved to my desktop, but it hasn't worked in a long time. I will have a look at the controller menu...

Ok. I finally braved it. My controller indicates an IP of:

Neither my Safari or Firefox browser can locate anything. :( Please explain what you mean by "you could try http://aqua"??

Back