Acantophilia lost tissue

adamswiatek

Hi all.
I am looking for help, I have questions about acantophillia, it started dying two months ago. Day by day the coral was loosing body showing skeleton.
A few weeks ago it stopped do it , and left with half body on and half naked skeleton.
I recognised that the coral has full mounts again and started react on food and day and night.
But it still has only half body on.
My question is , should I leave as it is , or cut off the death part?
As I know the coral like acantophillia, scolymias can not be fragged, that is why I wonder if it will survive or not? And if I should cut off death part or leave? What will be better for coral ?
861c597e7cfc1636d13217d35369dc61.jpg

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

The cause might be in the foreground. Euphyllias can lengthen tentacles beyond normal on sides where they want to aggress; and if the afflicted coral is downcurrent from it, even more so. I'd leave it untrimmed, my best guess, though I don't know this species, but it looks to be something that might regrow the bad spot once the irritant is removed.

The Euphillia was added to tank a few days ago. The issue with Acantophillia happened 2 months earlier.
It looks on photos, but corals don't touch each others.
Problem with Acantophillia started when put the coral to temporary tank due to upgrade display.
So, leave it or cut??

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Back