ACIII Pro Wireless Router to Router connection???

Raoul5Duke

I purchased a used AC3 Pro and Linksys wap54g router recently. I was able to connect the AC3 via Ethernet cable to my Westell home network router and then access it wirelessly using my Ipad. However here is my problem, my home router is upstairs and the tank is in the basement so I can't run an ethernet cord between the two. Is it possible to connect the AC3 to the linksys router and then wirelessly connect the linksys router to my Westell home router?? Is this necessary?? If not can I still access just the linksys router connected to the controller over the internet?? My thinking was that since the router wouldn't be connected to an actual computer how am I going to get it connected to the internet? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Just for the sake of clarity: the WAP54G is not a router... it is a wireless access point. It cannot function in the way you want, unless you have another WAP54G. You best bet is to use a wireless gaming adapter to make a wirelkess connection between the AC3 and the Westell. I recommend the Netgear WNCE2001.

Thanks Russ, after a lot of searching yesterday I figured that was going to be the solution. Thanks for confirming. Best Buy here I come.

Back